Saturday, March 6, 2010

My opinion on lairs

Hey guys,

I assume that some of you who read this blog came from Alpha, which is the main place where I used to write and share most of my knowledge in the past.

At some point I stopped writing there, and in this post I'm going to explain why I chose to do so and also my big opinion on lairs these days.

Before I start talking about lairs, let me warn you against what is common in society today.
What is common, and is taught, and you can also just open your eyes and SEE it all around you, is: scared and ashamed people who have no ambition in life, who obey according to what society expects them, who are too dependent on other's opinions and acceptance, and who lack their own willpower and instead go through life based on someone else's willpower.

This may seem a bit controversial, but realy I don't believe that aiming for a "3rd degree in math" is someone's real goal. There has to be something below that, maybe such as "Getting accepted socially" or "Making alot of money" or hell even "Living an easier life".

But you see, thats exactly the problem - people these days are looking for ways to make their lives easier, so much that they have forgotten what "willpower" realy means.

This gets me back to the lairs. First and foremost, the biggest problem with "lairs" is that they don't have any screening mechanisms to filter out the people who join them. Most of them allow everyone to join in, and because of that the lair (or forums) most of the times gets filled with guys who inflict others with the wrong, loserish, bad attitudes that society inflicted on them.

The way I see it, most lairs have 2 basic attitude problems that will fuck up every one in them:

1. Lack of willpower to change - Many guys will join a lair because they "want to change", but they will look for easy solutions. The first moment they have to face something that is challenging their own comfort zones, they give up. The reason for this is simple - lack of willpower to change. Willpower is the power within that is greater than anything in life. Believe me, if some murderer ran at you in the street with a knife about to slice your throat, you will find amazing power within you to run away. that is willpower. Do you have the same level of power when it comes to changing yourself? What are you realy willing to do in order to change? If you don't have this, just leave the lairs and go live your life man. You are not ready yet to change yourself.

2. Caring too much about how others perceive it - People join the lair because they "want" to change (I just showed you in the previous paragraph how this "wanting" is not real), but the moment they have to face how others will think about their change they freak out. So I'm asking this again - How much do you realy want to change? If some murderer with a knife ran at you at the street, would you care about how others think about you when you run away from him? If so, you're probably already dead man!

Great!
So now here comes the big "reason" why I decided to stop writing in those lairs ..

You see, when I joined the community it was after years of frustration with women .. I was determined to change .. I had the inner power that was driving me that said that I'm willing to change and that no one could stop me ..

In the beginning I thought that it was something that was just the result of years of frustration, but I later discovered that it was simply my attitude - I am a winner!

This is how I am in sports, this is how I am in life.

This attitude realy has brought me to where I am, but it was realy just a decision shift. It is amazingly difficult for me to be able to relate with people who have no willpower, who have no ambition, and who care too much about what others think about them.

I used to think for a long time that maybe I can influence those people and show them an inspiration of myself so that they will want to become like me, but then I see that the lairs keeps filling up with loserish kind of people who keep dragging those folks back down the drain of improvement!!

This is realy infectious, and at some point I also felt it on myself - after having conversations with those kind of newcomers, it realy infects you with their frustrated / no hope / loserish attitude. And the moment I felt that, I knew it was time for me to take a step away from these people and to just live my life the way I want them to.

Thing is this - I don't think that going out and meeting women is that hard. In fact, its very easy to me. It only becomes difficult the moment I allow average frustrated chumps infect me with their bad attitudes and bad thinking ways.

So, this post goes out to all of you, I hope someone will understand the message I tried presenting here.

Yeah I know some people will say "Maybe you don't explain yourself good enough so people can understand you", well fuck it. I don't get paid for writing this, and this is my own blog so I can freely write whatever I want here, If you don't like this place - feel free to leave.

The choice is yours, I've made my decision.

-- leedrag0n

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you right about the fact that a lot of people in the community looks like looking for easy solutions, yet, in Slpha case, do you think that making the serious forums helps?
until now i havn't notice something too "lairy" in those forums.

i think that someone who looking for easy solutions is and will do that think in all aspects in life all the time.

me, for example find myself pretty like those people in all kind of aspect in life - except women.

and i believe that myself, as for other people, sometimes unconsciously infected by those people, the questions is how to determine those people and filter them out of your life, and a bigger quesionts, what happens if those people sometimes are your best friends, and yes, you are respecting them and they really care about you and you want to keep being their friend, yet still their influenced by the socaity crap which may influence you as well.

Vinyl

leedrag0n said...

Especially in the field of women, I say ALWAYS look for the actions people do. Alot of guys like to TALK about women, but yet when you look at their actions you'll see they 99% do nothing to support what they're saying. To me, that is a good enough reason to filter someone's opinion.

I usually filter people by looking to see if there's correlation between the things they SAY and the things they DO. in 99% of the times, especially in Israel, you'll see that there is no correlation between what people SAY and what they DO.

If I see that a person has 0% action to support 99% of the things he says, to me that means his opinion is worthless.

Schwinger said...

I feel you man... also, lairs tent to get filled up with 15 years old “pickup artist“ with little to non real life experience that feel free to give advise on any subject(sex, relationships, academics marriage, you name it...), usually with a ridiculously pretentious hyper-charged superman attitude as the only solution to anything, which I really doubt they implement themselves.