Monday, May 10, 2010

Remembering past successes

Hey guys,

I can't tell you how glad I was from the good responses received to the videos I posted in the last 2 posts, you guys gave me alot of motivation to create more exciting videos, and more are coming on the way! (The next video will talk about rapport)

In the mean while, as I'm working on the next video, I want to talk in today's post about an inner game issue that I don't think is addressed enough to guys, and it is one that can make the big difference between moving up the learning curve and continuing to go out in the field, and between completely stopping everything and feel doomed and stuck.


Why remember your past successes with women ?

Sometimes .. you go out trying to meet women .. and you just get nowhere with any of them!
It can feel somewhat discouraging at first .. but later it may translate to you beginning to self-doubt your ability to attract or even meet women ..

The reason why this happends is because your mind has an unconscious process called generalization, which is used throughout your life to help you learn new things quickly and be able to adjust to the environment quickly.

This process can also work in a different direction when you begin to experience successes !
You go out .. trying to meet women .. and then you succeed with all of them! .. or maybe you end the night with a hot-looking chick back in your place. This, then, translates to you feeling like you are a super attractive dude .. and that women everywhere are drawn to you!

This should already give you a big hint on where I'm heading with this .. ;)

Didn't guess yet ?

OK, I'll help you.. guess what?
Confidence is built upon successes !

YEP - In any area of life, when you first start ... you are likely to have very little confidence in your abilities .. that is because you haven't yet learned, from experience, that you will be successful.

But .. once you have that first success .. even if its a small one .. like taking a phone number from some hottie .. if you can reflect back to it often .. it will give you the confidence and motivation to keep going forward and moving up the learning curve !

Remember: the mind is stupid !
It will do anything you train it to do.

So when you are at those times where you just get nowhere with the ladies .. and you begin to self doubt yourself .. no matter what anyone tells you .. just stop .. take 10 deep breaths to relax and calm yourself .. and then just close your eyes .. and remember your past successes !

Do it for anywhere between 10 minutes to 20 minutes.

Remember your past successes from your own eyes .. live them again ... feel them again ... remember: your mind can't tell the difference between real and and memory ... get back to those successful situations .. and if you'll do it .. you won't believe how drastically your state, your feeling, your entire confidence, and your entire perception of yourself and whats possible for you completely shifts up !

Once you've finished .. tell yourself in a confident tonality: "I've been successful before, therefore I can do it again!".

So, how do you feel about the idea of going out and meeting women now?

Would love to hear your feedback ..

-- leedrag0n

P.S: If you realy want to, you can do what I do when I perform this ritual. On every past success I remember, when the feeling reaches to its highest peak, I create an anchor by pressing by thumb and my index finger. Then I break pattern, and remember the next success. When the feeling gets stronger this time, I anchor it again to strengthen the anchor. This is realy useful when I'm out in the field as I have a trigger to fire off the confidence feeling instantly when I need to :) Man, being an NLP Practitioner truely helps in this field I gotta tell you ..

P.P.S: Here's another realy good article I found on the net on remembering past successes, taken from the sales area, which was basically the inspiration for this post (enjoy!) :

http://leadingexample.com/blog/remember-your-past-successes/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well miki, as usual, i just read this post when returning from a bar with a friend, and it's FUCKIN A !

but you know, i tried it few times earlier, and not eveytime im succeding to feel the feeling that i had on my last success... it takes very specific certain mix (sounds, visual...) of things im imagine and i dont know what is the special formula that workds for me althouhg i tried it multiple times... any suggestions ?

and ofcourse 10x for the post !

leedrag0n said...

hey eli, thanks for the comment!

it sounds like an issue with the submodalities of your memory. if you want, send me an email and i'll help you fix it through MSN.

after you'll learn how to do it once, you'll be able to run the same process i'll show you on the rest of your past successes everytime you'll want to to re-charge your success confidence.

cheers!